Alex Wilson, Founder, Executive Editor
Environmental building publishing pioneer / rigorous, unbiased voice
Among earliest involved in renewable energy research and outreach from 1970s, created sustainable building-focused publishing company in 1985, launched ground-breaking Environmental Building News in 1992 supported solely by subscription fees to maintain independence from sponsors or advertisers, followed by GreenSpec Product Directory and Building Green Suite providing deeply researched and unbiased coverage of sustainable building technologies and products. Leading advocate of third-party product certifications for green building products, nationally renowned sustainability expert.
- Former executive director New Mexico Solar Energy Association.
- Former executive director New England Sustainable Energy Association.
- Former board member, USGBC.
- BuildingGreen first publisher of green building product reviews and guide.
- Collaborated with Rocky Mountain Institute: Green Development, Integrating Ecology and Real Estate (Wiley, 1998).
- Author: Your Green Home (New Society, 2006).
- Numerous articles on sustainable building published in The Journal of Light Construction, Fine Homebuilding, Architectural Record, GreenSource, Popular Science, and others.