Innovative architect / 30+ years energy and sustainability / urban affordable
Award-winning San Francisco architect combines social concerns with distinctive design, passionate advocate for improved urban planning and sustainable development. Has designed and built more than 6,000 housing units, 75% of them affordable housing projects.
- Philosophy and architecture degrees, professor of architecture at Berkeley
- Early passive solar design practice starting in 1982, continued success with award-winning sustainable projects.
- Early adopter of green building rating systems, completed California’s first LEED for Homes certified project.
- Advocate for high-density urban housing and infill as critical to industry response to global warming.
- Philosophical perspective that green building and affordability are inseparably linked.
- Active in community, cultural, and professional organizations.