Several builders, remodelers and other home building industry professionals were honored recently as winners of the NAHB’s National Green Building Awards, presented during the International Builders' Show (IBS) in Las Vegas.
Each year, NAHB recognizes individuals, companies and organizations for excellence in residential green design and construction practices and for green building program and advocacy efforts. The awards were presented during Green Day at IBS, which featured education sessions, special events and product and home tours on green building. Three single-family home projects were honored:
• The New Edition at Damonte Ranch in Reno, Nev., for Project of the Year: Single-Family, Small Volume
• Persimmon--Willis Ranch in San Antonio, Texas, for Project of the Year: Single-Family, Production
• The Maryland Green Designer Show Home in Gambrills, Md., for Project of the Year: Single-Family, Custom
One remodeling project and one multifamily project were also honored:
• Finding Paradise on Picardy in Raleigh, N.C., for Project of the Year: Remodel
• Seabourn Cove in Boynton Beach, Fla., for Project of the Year: Multifamily
In addition, five awards were given to individuals or organizations for their efforts in green building advocacy:
• Dan Wise of Wise Construction in Boalsburg, Pa., for Advocate of the Year: Builder
• Paul Sullivan of The Sullivan Company in Newton, Mass., for Advocate of the Year: Remodeler
• Drew Smith of Two Trails in Sarasota, Fla., for Advocate of the Year: Individual
• The Maryland Residential Green Building Council for Advocate of the Year: Group
• Build San Antonio Green for Advocate of the Year: State/Local Government
Laclede Gas Company of St. Louis, Mo., was also named the Utility Partner of the Year for its dedication to high-performance building.