The U.S. Green Building Council recognized innovative residential builders and projects during the group’s inaugural Green Homebuilder’s Day at the Greenbuild Conference & Expo in Boston last month. The seven awards “celebrated home builders and projects that best executed innovation in technology, construction, and design while reinforcing the value of responsible and sustainable home-building techniques,” according to the announcement.
Entrants were nominated by their local LEED for Homes providers and were judged by USGBC staff.
The winners were:
- Outstanding Custom Project: Live Green, Live Smart Institute, Wayzata, Minn.: The Sustainable House
- Outstanding Production Builder: Artistic Homes, New Mexico
- Outstanding Multifamily Project: Avesta Housing, Portland, Ore.: Pearl Place
- Outstanding Affordable Project: First Community Housing, San Jose, Calif.: Gish Apartments
- Innovative Project Recognition: Bazzani Associates, Grand Rapids, Mich.: 4057 Ronalds Road project
- Pilot Builder Award: Taggart Construction, Freeport, Maine
- Outstanding Program Contribution: Habitat for Humanity International