If you were given only a few sentences to name the biggest challenges and opportunities facing the green building industry today, what would you choose? We asked key sustainability representatives from the 2013 sponsors of ECOHOME's Vision 2020 Program to give us their top answers during the Vision 2020 Manufacturers' Council in Washington, D.C., in July. Click on the videos below to see their responses.
What is the biggest opportunity facing the green building industry between now and 2020?
What is the biggest challenge?
- Laura Dwyer, director, Building Knowledge Center, DuPont
- Martin Grohman, director of sustainability, GAF
- Anthony Ruffine, vice president of sustainability and strategic marketing, GAF
- Alyssa Hall, marketing and communications, GAF
- Beth Straeten, marketing and communications manager, Huber Engineered Woods
- Dr. Diana Fisler, environmental construction platform leader, Johns Manville
- Scott Miller, director of sustainability and product affairs, Knauf Insulation
- George Phelps, manager, legislative and product affairs, Knauf Insulation
- Ted Cater, product development manager, Panasonic
- Gary John, senior specification sales engineer, Panasonic Ecology of North America
- Steve Revnew, vice president of product innovation, Sherwin-Williams
- Stephan Moyon, director of sales, Velux America
- Chan Hoyle, national marketing and communications manager, Velux America
- Brian Cooley, global director of sustainability, ZIP System